Progressive Slots – Ultimate Guide to Most Promising Casino Games
Playing standard pokie, you always know that you can win the built-in jackpot landing the most valuable symbolic combination on the reels. The main distinguishing feature of the progressive jackpot slots is that the prize pool is growing constantly - this amount continues to grow until one lucky winner breaks the entire prize bank.
So, with each spinning of reels of the progressive slot, the sum of the main prize increases - if that spin was not winning. You probably wonder where they get the money for the prize pool? The truth is such slots take part of the money from every bet made by any player - this way they manage to collect a huge amount that can change the life of that lucky player radically. Although the first progressive slots were popular at land-based gambling establishments, online casinos breathed new life into them, making jackpot slots incredibly accessible and popular.
Progressive Jackpots Slots – Advantages & Features
The first progressive slot machine connected to the casino network was introduced by IGT - Megabucks. It was a land-based machine that increased its prize pool every time someone put money to any machine connected to a network using telephone lines and modems to exchange payment data. To attract players, the first $ 1M for prize pool were added by IGT itself. After just a year, the first jackpot of about $ 5 million was paid to one lucky winner.
Although the first online casino was introduced to the world in 1994, it took some time before pokies became the main driving force in the world of online gambling. Microgaming is a pioneer in the direction of progressive slots. Launched in 1997, Cash Splash had 3 reels, just one payline and famous ‘BAR’ symbols. The large prize pool that was constantly increasing was the most important feature of this pokie - and it is not losing its popularity even now. For more than 20 years, Cash Splash has paid out about 550 jackpots, changing the lives of many gamblers radically.
So, now that you know the answer to 'what are progressive slots?' question, it's time to find out what features they have:
- The prize pool of progressive slots is increasing at a sky-rocket pace, since this category of pokies is very popular at online casinos.
- Progressive slots make payouts during regular gameplay - although these payouts are significantly lower than the size of the main prize. So, although the probability of hitting the jackpot in each game round is too low, you will not lose all your money thanks to regular payouts.
- You can play free progressive slots - there are no entry fees for the opportunity to fight for the main prize.
- Progressives come with lower RTP than regular slots. Therefore, you should not choose pokies from this category if hitting the jackpot is not your goal.
- Most progressives provide the opportunity to participate in the race for the jackpot only to those who place bets of max amount - learn the gaming rules before playing for real money.
Although after winning the jackpot, the prize pool counter is reset, many progressive slots restart with some initial amount - for example, like the Megabucks mentioned above. In addition, there are no restrictions on how much they could reach for progressive jackpots - some slots collect more than $ 10 million of the main prize.
What You Should to Know About Cash-Out Limits
Many casinos set limits on the withdrawal of winnings - this is an important factor that you must consider if you are aimed to hit the jackpot. When you see that this huge gain is almost in your hands, it will be unpleasant news that you will not be able to get all the money right now.
Therefore, in order to play progressive slots, you should find out about the payout policy at the selected casino. As for Bao Casino, you will be able to withdraw large amounts of winnings as good payout limits are offered here.
Progressive Jackpot Types
Although the jackpot concept is simple and refers to the first slot machines in the industry, progressive slots use a more sophisticated system of accumulating prize pools. So, we have identified two main types of progressive jackpots that differ from each other in speed of increasing the amount of the main prize.
This means that the entire jackpot amount is intended for that one pokie only. Such progressive slots accumulate quite large prize pools - however, the final amount of the prize depends on the popularity of the casino and pokie itself.
Connected to the Network
If the slots are all connected to single network - which can cover one or several online casinos at once - the prize pool increases significantly more rapidly. So, these pokies can pay tens of millions of dollars. However, since the single jackpot amount is applicable to all pokies connected to the network, more players try to win the same prize pool - that is, your chances of success are much lower.
Best Titles Paying Big Jackpot Amounts
To enhance your excitement and seduce you with attractive progressives, we have compiled a list of jackpot slots that deserve your attention:
- Mega Moolah is one of the most popular progressive slots in the Microgaming collection. This is exactly the safari-themed pokie that made 7 lucky people richer for several million dollars - the total prize pool paid by Mega Moolah is about $ 70 million.
- Divine Fortune with its 5 reels and 20 paylines, is one of the most popular titles in the collections of many casinos. It promises good wins during the regular gameplay, as it contains many promising features - Falling Wilds, Wild on Wild, free spins and others. However, the three-level Jackpot Bonus is the highlight of this pokie.
- Just as fruits are good for health, Fruit Bonanza by Play`n Go can be quite beneficial for your wallet. This 5-reel slot with 9 paylines will not surprise you with its theme and graphics. However, it will impress you with its four progressive jackpots are played.
In addition, there are many other progressives worth playing for real money - Super Multitimes Progressive by iSoftBet, Imperial Riches by NetEnt, Age of Troy by EGT, Wheel of Riches by Microgaming and so on.
To start playing progressive slots, just check out the range that the Bao Casino collection offers you. If you want to increase your chances of winning the jackpot, we recommend choosing slots with prize pool has been growing for quite a long time - this will not last forever.