How To Play Blackjack Online In Australia
Playing online blackjack can be a fun and rewarding experience. You can play blackjack online with real money or else play blackjack online for free. Online blackjack in Australia is a growing business because it's a good mix of luck and skill. You can play blackjack online free from your home on your desktop or laptop or on the go using your phone or other portable devices.
Here are some of the main reasons people play blackjack online:
- You'll get better at the game over time
- If you know how to play it is one of the lowest risk casino games
- It features a lot of action
- You can play it for free, for very little money or if you are good for high stakes
The Basic Rules Of Blackjack Online
Blackjack, also known as 21, is a fairly easy game to play. That's why people play blackjack online. First, you are dealt two cards face up. The dealer is dealt one card face up and one card face down. Your goal is to get as close to 21 as possible without going over. You need to get a higher score than the dealer. If you go over 21 you lose. If the dealer goes over 21 you win. You can watch a demo of blackjack online before you play if that makes it any easier.
All face cards are worth 10 points. The ace is worth either one point or 11 points. All other cards are worth the number on them.
When you are playing blackjack online once you get the two cards you will be asked if you want to “hit” and get another card. You can keep “hitting” until you want to stop or until you go over 21. Once you “stand” with your cards then the dealer will turn his down card up. He or she will then “hit” or stand. In most online casinos the dealer has to stand on either a 16 or 17 or higher and had to hit on lower number combinations.
Additional Optional Rules Of Blackjack Online
Those are the basic rules. There are some additional rules you can take advantage of if you want to. That said these are by no means required. You can just use the basic rules.
- Insurance. If the dealer's upcard is an ace, you can buy insurance against him getting a blackjack. Depending on the table this will be a certain additional bet. It gives you a way to win back some of your bet if the dealer gets blackjack.
- Splitting. If you are dealt two identical cards you can pay money to split them. That means they will be separated, and you will get an extra card for each and now be playing two different hands of blackjack online.
- In some, but not all, games of online blackjack if you can get hit for five cards and not go bust you will automatically win the game.
Online Blackjack Strategies To Help You Win
In general, the best strategy to use is to assume any unknown card is a 10 and play according-ly.
If the dealer has a seven up and one down card, assume he or she has a 17. If you have a six of clubs and a five of spades assume that if you decide to hit, you are going to get a 10. This will help you know when to hit and when to stay. For example, if you have a 17 and the dealer is showing a six you know your best bet is to stay and not get hit again.
You can also make your decisions based on what the dealer has. If he or she has a five up, assume that their down card is going to be a 10. This means they will have to hit when it's their turn and prob-ably go over. That allows you to not get hit if you have a low hand but don't want to risk going over 21.
Splitting is another way to raise your chances of winning. If you get two aces or two eights you always want to split when playing blackjack online. On the other hand, you don't want to split two face cards or two tens.